Okay so I have a situation and so in classic Rory Gilmore style, I decided to make a pro/con list.
The list is about whether I should or should not tell my mom about everything (cutting, social anxiety/ depression or whatevr). So here goes –
- If I tell her than maybe I can get actual professional help which might lead to me feeling better about things. This includes – not cutting so much – sleeping better – not feeling suicidal – not feeling like shit – not having panic attacks. Better mental health basically. That’s all I can think of right now but yeah that’s a lot.
- It will stress my mom out.
- I’m supposed to be the one taking care of my mom, not the other way around. I know that that’s weird but that’s how it works in my world.
- Right now, I take care of a lot of things such taking care of my sis and grandmother when my mom is not at home and stuff so if she thinks that I’m not doing okay then she’ll worry about all of those things also.
- My mom is stressed out enough with all her work and her health and paying for school and college and taking care of everything basically. I don’t want her to stress out about me. I don’t want to be a burden on her.
- Seeing a doc costs money.
See the list shows more cons than pros but the value of the pros is a lot so I don’t even know what the conclusion of this whole list is. So, basically this was a waste! Ugh. I have to think more.