Okay so I genuinely learned so much about life this year. First year of college was exciting and scary and I made it through and along the way I learned a few (a lot) of things and so here goes –
- It’s okay to ask for help. This is probably the most important thing I learned this year and I’m still learning to accept it tbh.
- How to use the manual laundry machine! Yes omg thanks to my wonderful roommate who after fucking up a few times, learned how to use the machine and taught me so I never have to hand-wash my stuff again!
- Going to classes is sort of important. And keeping track of the number of classes you’ve missed is important too! (otherwise you’ll probably get a bad grade and regret not going to class more.)
- Talk to your professors!!! This one is so fucking important. They are human beings and they will understand if you explain why you’re unable to do something or need help or whatever.
- Making paper cranes for people is a good idea. It makes people happy and making people happy makes me happy.
- Talk to lots of people. You don’t know who you’ll connect with and where that could go! Honestly, the number of friends I’ve made in the most random of ways is astounding.
- Sign up for cool things such as a peer mentor-ship program! I have such a cool mentor, I am so lucky!
- It’s okay to be silly sometimes. Actually, it’s great! Be silly, let it out. Don’t think too much about what other people will think.
- Work hard. Honestly, you just have to!
- The bridge is a good place to hang out, cry, have dance parties etc. But honestly, if you’re not feeling good, don’t go alone.
Okay this list could go on forever so maybe I’ll make a mini series out of it? I’m thinking I’ll do another one about things I learned about myself and then one about love and one about classes or whatever. Lets see! Also, please share college wisdom in the comments so I can learn more? 🙂