I can’t believe I haven’t posted anything in more than 10 days (okay, I re-blogged a post but that doesn’t really count, does it!?). There was a time when I used to sometimes post up to 5 posts in a day! So here is what has been going on in my life lately –
1. My birthday just went by. It was on the 23rd and it was quite nice. On the 22nd, my family came over and we had this whole family lunch thing which was pretty nice. It was one of my friend’s birthday on the 22nd so we threw her a surprise birthday dinner which was really nice. Then at 12 that night, I cut a small ice cream- brownie- cake which my sister made for me and it was amazing. Then I watched Gilmore girls and listened to a lot of music all day. Then I went grocery shopping with my mom and while I was one, two of my friends planned a small surprise for me. With cake and balloons and all that. It was really cute. Then at night I went out for dinner again with a few of my friends. So it was Annie, GS, kaii, Tb, shivi and me. It was really nice and they got me a cake and everything. I got really nice presents too. My mom had gotten me a birthday present way in advance which was my phone. Then from my friends I got a bag, a dress, a scarf, macarons, nail paint, soap, key chain and the best of all, a Polaroid! Annie has a Polaroid camera which she knows I love so she got it with her on my birthday and we clicked one and she gave that picture to me. It’s really cute! I got black nail paint which I’ve wanted forever so that was great too and I had mentioned that I wanted to try macarons and so my friends got me those as well. They were so tasty. And I ended up getting 4 cakes for my birthday! So overall it was a nice day. One of the nicer days I’ve had in a long long time.
2. School is stressing me out so much. Like there is so much work to do and so little time. I am behind on all my submissions, which is no one’s fault but mine and I don’t know how to catch up. It’s making me go crazy. And to top that, I have a new psychology teacher who doesn’t really know how the IB system properly works and it’s getting really annoying! Yes, I know I’m complaining a lot but I’m so pissed off.
3. Annie is finally back from London which is great. I’ve kinda missed her.
4. I ate proper food for lunch 4 days in a row which doesn’t sound like a big thing but it is for me. The cutting however is still as bad.
5. I’ve had a headache constantly for so long. And I am continuously so tired I don’t even know why. Like yesterday, I slept off around 5 in the evening and woke up at 10 in the night and i was still so tired. I don’t know what to do about this.
6. We recently had a TEDx organised in our school which was great. Some really nice speakers came and it was fun. Oh and one of the speaker even conducted a spoken word poetry workshop the day before TEDx was happening which was amazing.
7. I’ve been so angry at I don’t know what. Like I’ve literally been feeling like breaking things. I don’t know why!!!
8. A few days back, I was just thinking about college and stuff and I started thinking about going to art school. Like i know I’m probably no where near good enough for it but I was thinking that it wouldn’t hurt to apply to a couple of them. But I don’t know. Let’s see.
9. I’ve still been feeling pretty low but I’ll write about that in another post.
10. I don’t know if I’ve written about this before but I made a pen pal (okay, an email-pal!). I just randomly messaged this person on Tumblr and we started talking. Soon we exchanged email IDs and yeah so we kinda became pen pals. It’s really nice and she seems really cool. Let’s see how this goes.
11. I love Kimya Dawson. She is this really cool singer and I would definitely recommend everyone to listen to her music.
12. An incident happened recently. Basically in History class we were just revising what we had covered in the previous classes. So sir asked me a question. I answered it but I spoke at a low volume and I was kinda nervous and so sir asked me “how long will it take you to become confident?” and so of course I got even more embarrassed and nervous. Then he asked follow up questions on the topic and I was so nervous because everyone was looking at me and I couldn’t answer properly because i was so scared and I was literally almost crying. Yeah so then of course he let it go and he said he felt bad for making me feel awful and all that but of course he didn’t really understand why I was feeling so bad. So it was the last lesson of the day and I was very upset so I went and talked to a coupe of friends of mine. Both of them told me to go and talk to him but I said that it was okay and it didn’t matter. SO the next day, one of my friends offered to go talk to him for me and I agreed. But then later that day, I just felt like this was something I needed to talk to him about myself. So after crossing his room about 5 times, I finally plucked up the courage to go talk to him. I just went up to him and said that I needed to talk to him about something and he was really nice and welcoming and asked me to sit and everything. So then I told him I had “social anxiety issues”. And I explained to him how I need a minute to answer questions in front of so many people and that whole thing scares me and all that. I told him how even when I know the answer, getting it out of my mouth takes me a minute because there are so many people looking at me and all that. He said that he didn’t realize that was a problem and that he would keep that in mind and he was really nice about it. And after talking to him I also felt a little better because for the first time I felt like i stood up for myself and id what I needed to do. So yeah it felt good and I was kind of proud of myself.
Okay so yeah that’s whats been happening in my life lately. Nothing very interesting, just some random shit.