I got nominated for the Free-style Writing Challenge by the amazing Luna who writes at My Irrelevant Thoughts. You can read her post here. Thank you so much for the nomination and I am sorry it took me so long to get to it.
The rules are:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules in!
The topic she gave me was Clouds. So this is what I wrote in 5 minutes –
To be honest, I have never thought much about clouds before. Yeah sure as a kid I imagined shapes out of clouds and all that but never really sat down and thought about what they mean. But now that I am thinking about them, I must say I love clouds! They are so interesting. Yeah I know interesting is a strange word to use for clouds but oh well. Clouds are literally everywhere. Often when we think about love we feel like we are floating on the clouds. When we think of death too, we (or maybe just me) imagine floating somewhere above the clouds. And thunder and, cloudy weather and rain often symbolizes a sad or a gloomy mood. It’s so strange that clouds can make me think all that.
I went for a camp in the mountains last year and in the mornings there it used to feel like we were sitting above the clouds. Oh the view! It was breath-taking.
Word Count – 163 words.
This was my second free writing and I must say I enjoyed it a lot. Freestyle writing makes you think about things you would usually not think about or just helps you clear your head by putting your thoughts on paper (or screen or whatever!)
You guys are under no obligation to accept, it’s entirely your wish! 🙂
If you do accept, you topic is Nighttime.